Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: yoke yowk
- Fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
- An oppressive power
"under the yoke of a tyrant"; "they threw off the yoke of domination"
- Two items of the same kind
- couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad
- A pair of draft animals joined by a yoke
"pulled by a yoke of oxen"
- Support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
- A connection (like a clamp or vice) between two things so they move together
- Stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
- (animal husbandry) become joined or linked together
- (animal husbandry) Join with or as if with a yoke
"yoke the oxen together";
- (animal husbandry) put a yoke on or join with a yoke
"Yoke the draft horses together"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word yoke