Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: water wo-tu(r)
- Binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colourless odourless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- The part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river, lake or ocean)
"they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"; "they invaded our territorial bodies of water";
- body of water
- A facility that provides a source of water
"the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"; "the town debated the purification of the water system";
- water system, water supply
- Liquid excretory product
"the child had to make water";
- urine, pee, piddle, weewee, widdle [Brit]
- A liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants
"he asked for a drink of water"
- [archaic] Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- Supply with water, as with channels, ditches or streams
"Water the fields";
- Provide with water
"We watered the buffalo"
- Secrete or form water, as tears or saliva
"My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- Fill with tears
"His eyes were watering"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word water
awter wtaer waetr watre
qater aater sater dater eater 3ater 2ater wqter wwter wster wxter wzter warer wa5er wa6er wayer waher wager wafer watwr watsr watdr watfr watrr wat3r wat4r watee wate4 wate5 watet wateg watef wated