Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: warning wor-ning
- A message informing of danger
"a warning that still more bombs could explode"
- Cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness)
"the warning was to beware of surprises";
- admonition, monition, word of advice
- Notification of something, usually in advance
"they gave little warning of their arrival"; "she had only had four days' warning before leaving Berlin"
- Serving to warn
- admonitory, cautionary, exemplary, monitory
- Notify of danger, potential harm, or risk
"The director warned him that he might be fired"; "The doctor warned me about the dangers of smoking"
- Admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behaviour
"I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet";
- discourage, admonish
- Ask to go away
"The old man warned the children off his property"
- Notify, usually in advance
"I warned you that I would ask some difficult questions"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word warning
awrning wraning wanring warinng warnnig warnign
qarning aarning sarning darning earning 3arning 2arning wqrning wwrning wsrning wxrning wzrning waening wa4ning wa5ning watning wagning wafning wadning warbing warging warhing warjing warming warnung warn8ng warn9ng warnong warnlng warnkng warnjng warnibg warnigg warnihg warnijg warnimg warninf warninr warnint warniny warninh warninn warninb warninv