Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: want wónt
- Have a wish for
"I want my own room"; "I want to go home now";
- Have a requirement for
"This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner";
- need, require
- Hunt or look for; require for a particular reason
"Your former neighbour is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
- Wish or demand the presence of
"I want you here at noon!"
- Be without, lack; be deficient in
"want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
- A state of extreme poverty
- privation, deprivation, neediness
- The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable
"for want of a nail the shoe was lost";
- lack, deficiency
- Anything that is necessary but lacking
"I tried to supply his wants";
- A specific feeling of desire
- wish, wishing
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word want