Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: wall wol
- An architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure
"the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
- Anything that suggests a wall in structure, function or effect
"a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure
- A difficult or awkward situation
"his back was to the wall"; "competition was pushing them to the wall"
- A vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- A layer of material that encloses space
"the walls of the cylinder were perforated"; "the container's walls were blue"
- A masonry fence (as around an estate or garden)
"the wall followed the road"; "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
- An embankment built around a space for defensive purposes
"they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down";
- rampart, bulwark
- Surround with a wall in order to fortify
- palisade, fence, fence in, surround
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word wall