Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: sail seyl
- Traverse or travel on (a body of water)
"We sailed the Atlantic"; "He sailed the Pacific all alone"
- Move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions
"Shreds of paper sailed through the air";
- Travel on water propelled by wind
"I love sailing, especially on the open sea"; "the ship sails on"
- Travel on water as a means of transport or on a tour
"The QE2 will sail to Southampton tomorrow";
- voyage, navigate
- A large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- canvas, canvass, sheet
- An ocean trip taken for pleasure
- Any structure that resembles a sail
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word sail