Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: quarters k(w)or-tu(r)z
- Housing available for people to live in
"I visited his bachelor quarters"; "he found quarters for his family";
- living quarters
- One of four equal parts
"a quarter of a pound";
- one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern
- A district of a city having some distinguishing character
"the Latin Quarter"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided
"both teams scored in the first quarter"
- A unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
"it's a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o'clock"
- One of four periods into which the school year is divided
"the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- A fourth part of a year; three months
"unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- One of the four major divisions of the compass
"the wind is coming from that quarter"
- [US] A quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- [Brit] A quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- A United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar
"he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- An unspecified person
"he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- The rear part of a ship
- stern, after part, poop, tail
- Piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- Clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
"he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- (military) provide housing for (military personnel)
- billet, canton
- Pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
"in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes";
- draw, draw and quarter
- Divide into quarters
"quarter an apple"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word quarters
uqarters qaurters quraters quatrers quaretrs quartres quartesr
1uarters 2uarters wuarters suarters auarters qyarters q7arters q8arters qiarters qkarters qjarters qharters quqrters quwrters qusrters quxrters quzrters quaeters qua4ters qua5ters quatters quagters quafters quadters quarrers quar5ers quar6ers quaryers quarhers quargers quarfers quartwrs quartsrs quartdrs quartfrs quartrrs quart3rs quart4rs quartees quarte4s quarte5s quartets quartegs quartefs quarteds quartera quarterq quarterw quartere quarterd quarterc quarterx quarterz