Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: quarter k(w)or-tu(r)
- One of four equal parts
"a quarter of a pound";
- one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth part, twenty-five percent, quartern
- A district of a city having some distinguishing character
"the Latin Quarter"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided
"both teams scored in the first quarter"
- A unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
"it's a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o'clock"
- One of four periods into which the school year is divided
"the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- A fourth part of a year; three months
"unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- One of the four major divisions of the compass
"the wind is coming from that quarter"
- [US] A quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- [Brit] A quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- A United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar
"he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- An unspecified person
"he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- The rear part of a ship
- stern, after part, poop, tail
- Piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- Clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
"he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- (military) provide housing for (military personnel)
- billet, canton
- Pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
"in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes";
- draw, draw and quarter
- Divide into quarters
"quarter an apple"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word quarter
uqarter qaurter qurater quatrer quaretr quartre
1uarter 2uarter wuarter suarter auarter qyarter q7arter q8arter qiarter qkarter qjarter qharter quqrter quwrter qusrter quxrter quzrter quaeter qua4ter qua5ter quatter quagter quafter quadter quarrer quar5er quar6er quaryer quarher quarger quarfer quartwr quartsr quartdr quartfr quartrr quart3r quart4r quartee quarte4 quarte5 quartet quarteg quartef quarted