Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: pack pak
- Arrange in a container
"pack the books into the boxes"
- Fill to capacity
"This singer always packs the concert halls"; "The murder trial packed the court house"
- Compress into a wad
"pack paper into the box";
- bundle, wad, compact
- Carry, as on one's back
"Pack your tents to the top of the mountain"
- Set up a committee or legislative body with one's own supporters so as to influence the outcome
"pack a jury"
- Have with oneself; have on one's person
"She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains";
- carry, take
- Press tightly together or cram
"The crowd packed the auditorium";
- throng, mob, pile, jam
- (sport) hike with a backpack
- Press down tightly
"pack the coffee grinds in the container to make espresso";
- tamp down, tamp
- Seal with packing
"pack the faucet"
- Have the property of being packable or of compacting easily
"Such odd-shaped items do not pack well";
- Load with a pack
- load down
- Treat the body or any part of it by wrapping it, as with blankets or sheets, and applying compresses to it, or stuffing it to provide cover, containment, or therapy, or to absorb blood
"The nurse packed gauze in the wound"; "You had better pack your swollen ankle with ice"
- A large indefinite number
"a pack of ants";
- battalion, large number, multitude, plurality
- A complete collection of similar things
- A convenient package or parcel (as of cigarettes or film)
- An association of criminals
"a pack of thieves";
- gang, ring, mob
- An exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- clique, coterie, ingroup, inner circle, camp
- A group of hunting animals
- A cream that cleanses and tones the skin
- face pack
- A sheet or blanket (either dry or wet) to wrap around the body for its therapeutic effect
- A bundle (especially one carried on the back)
- [Brit] A pack of 52 playing cards
- pack of cards, deck of cards, deck
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word pack