Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Verb: offer ó-fu(r)
- Make available or accessible, provide or furnish
"The conference centre offers a health spa"; "The hotel offers private meeting rooms"
- Present for acceptance or rejection
"She offered us all a cold drink";
- Agree freely
"I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it";
- Put forward for consideration
"He offered his opinion"
- Offer verbally
"He offered his sympathy";
- Make available for sale
"The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- (auction) propose an amount you are prepared to pay for something
"The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting";
- bid, tender
- Produce or introduce on the stage
"The Shakespeare Company is offering 'King Lear' this month"
- Present as an act of worship
"offer prayers to the gods";
- offer up
- Mount or put up
- put up, provide
- Make available; provide
"The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages";
- Ask (someone) to marry you
"she offered marriage to the man she had known for only two months";
- propose, declare oneself, pop the question
- Threaten to do something
"I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
- The verbal act of offering
"a generous offer of assistance";
- Something offered (as a proposal or bid)
"noteworthy new offers for investors included several index funds";
- A usually brief attempt
- crack, fling, go, pass, whirl
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word offer
fofer offer ofefr offre
iffer 9ffer 0ffer pffer lffer kffer odfer oefer orfer otfer ogfer obfer ovfer ocfer ofder ofeer ofrer ofter ofger ofber ofver ofcer offwr offsr offdr offfr offrr off3r off4r offee offe4 offe5 offet offeg offef offed