Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: hands handz
- (with 'in') guardianship over; in divorce cases it is the right to house and care for and discipline a child
"my fate is in your hands"; "too much power in the president's hands";
- The force of workers available
- work force, workforce, manpower, men
- The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb
"he had the hands of a surgeon";
- manus, mitt, paw
- A hired labourer on a farm or ranch
"the hired hand fixed the railing"; "a ranch hand";
- hired hand, hired man
- Something written by hand
"his hand was illegible";
- handwriting, script
"he wanted to try his hand at singing"
- A position given by its location to the side of an object
"objections were voiced on every hand"
- The cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time
"he kept trying to see my hand"; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening";
- One of two sides of an issue
"on the one hand..., but on the other hand..."
- A rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece
"the big hand counts the minutes"
- A unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses
"the horse stood 20 hands"
- A member of the crew of a ship
"all hands on deck"
- A card player in a game of bridge
"we need a 4th hand for bridge";
- bridge player
- A round of applause to signify approval
"give the little lady a great big hand"
- Terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos)
"the kangaroo's forearms seem undeveloped but the powerful five-fingered hands are skilled at feinting and clouting"
- Physical assistance
"give me a hand with the chores";
- helping hand
- Place into the hands or custody of
"hand me the spoon, please";
- pass, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- Guide, conduct or usher somewhere
"hand the elderly lady into the taxi"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word hands
ahnds hnads hadns hansd
gands tands yands uands jands mands nands bands hqnds hwnds hsnds hxnds hznds habds hagds hahds hajds hamds hanss hanws hanes hanrs hanfs hanvs hancs hanxs handa handq handw hande handd handc handx handz