Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: half (halves) hãf
- One of two equal parts of a divisible whole
"half an hour"; "a century and one half"; "half a loaf";
- One of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
- Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity
"a half chicken"; "lasted a half hour"
"gave me a half smile"; "he did only a half job"
- (of siblings) related through one parent only
"a half brother"; "half sister"
- Partially or to the extent of a half
"he was half hidden by the bushes"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word half