Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: game geym
- A contest with rules to determine a winner
"you need four people to play this game"
- A single play of a sport or other contest
"the game lasted two hours"
- An amusement or pastime
"they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
- Animal hunted for food or sport
- (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win
"the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
- The flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- A secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
"I saw through his little game from the start";
- plot, secret plan
- The game equipment needed in order to play a particular game
"the child received several games for his birthday"
- Your occupation or line of work
"he's in the plumbing game";
- Frivolous or trifling behaviour
"for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
- Place a bet on
- bet on, back, gage [archaic], stake, punt
- Disabled in the feet or legs
"a game leg";
- crippled, halt [archaic], halting, lame, gimpy [N. Amer]
- Willing to face danger
- gamy, gamey, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky
- Willing or keen to do something
- up for
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word game