Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: failing fey-ling
- Below acceptable in performance
"received failing grades"
- A flaw or weak point
"he was quick to point out his wife's failings";
- weakness, disadvantage, minus
- Failure to reach a minimum required performance
"his failing the course led to his disqualification";
- Not do something; leave something undone
"The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib";
- Be unsuccessful
"Where do today's public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably";
- go wrong, miscarry
- Disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake
"His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"; "His sense of smell failed him this time";
- Stop operating or functioning
"The engine failed on the way to town";
- go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- Be unable
"I fail to understand your motives"
- Judge unacceptable
"The teacher failed six students"
- Be unsuccessful in a test, get lower than the passing grade
"She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?";
- flunk, bomb, flush it
- Fall short in what is expected
"She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
- Become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close
"A number of banks failed that year"
- Prove insufficient
"The water supply for the town failed after a long drought";
- run out, give out
- Get worse
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word failing
afiling fialing faliing faiilng failnig failign
dailing eailing railing tailing gailing bailing vailing cailing fqiling fwiling fsiling fxiling fziling fauling fa8ling fa9ling faoling falling fakling fajling faiking faiiing faioing faiping fai.ing fai,ing failung fail8ng fail9ng failong faillng failkng failjng failibg failigg failihg failijg failimg failinf failinr failint failiny failinh failinn failinb failinv