Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: face feys
- The front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
"I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news"; "he washed his face";
- human face
- The feelings expressed on a person's face
"an angry face";
- expression, look, aspect, facial expression
- The general outward appearance of something
"the face of the city is changing"
- The striking or working surface of an implement
- A part of a person that is used to refer to a person
"he looked out at a roomful of faces"; "when he returned to work he met many new faces"
- A surface forming part of the outside of an object
"dew dripped from the face of the leaf";
- The part of an animal corresponding to the human face
- The side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object)
"he dealt the cards face down"
- A contorted facial expression
"she made a face at the prospect";
- A specific size and style of type within a type family
- font, fount [Brit], typeface, case
- Status in the eyes of others
"he lost face"
- Impudent aggressiveness
"I couldn't believe her face";
- boldness, nerve, brass, cheek
- A vertical surface of a building or cliff
- Deal with (something unpleasant) head on
"He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes";
- confront, face up
- Oppose, as in hostility or a competition
"Jackson faced Smith in the boxing ring";
- Be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
"The building faces the park";
- front, look
- Be opposite
"the facing page"; "the two sofas face each other"
- Turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction
"Turn and face your partner now"
- Show something to somebody, usually to accuse or criticize
"He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us";
- confront, present
- Turn so as to expose the face
"face a playing card"
- Line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
"face the lapels of the jacket"
- Cover the front or surface of
"The building was faced with beautiful stones"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word face