Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: edge ej
- The boundary of a surface
- A line determining the limits of an area
- boundary, bound
- A sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object
"he rounded the edges of the box"
- The attribute of urgency in tone of voice
"his voice had an edge to it";
- A slight competitive advantage
"he had an edge on the competition"
- The outside limit of an object, area or surface; a place farthest away from the centre of something
"the edge of the leaf is wavy"; "she sat on the edge of the bed"; "the water's edge"
- The thin cutting side of a blade
- Advance slowly, as if by inches
"He edged towards the car";
- Provide with a border or edge
"edge the tablecloth with embroidery";
- Lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
"Canada edges the U.S.";
- border, adjoin, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on
- Provide with an edge
"edge a blade"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word edge