Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adverb: backward bak-wurd [N. Amer], bak-wûd [Brit]
- At or to or toward the back or rear
"tripped when he stepped backward";
- back, backwards, rearward, rearwards
- In a manner, order or direction the reverse of normal
"the child put her jersey on backward"; "it's easy to get the 'i' and the 'e' backward in words like 'seize' and 'siege'";
- In, to or toward a past time
"lovers of the past looking fondly backward";
- Directed or facing toward the back or rear
"a backward view"
- (used of temperament or behaviour) marked by a retiring nature
"a backward lover"
- Retarded in intellectual development
"Poor backward Charlie was kept steadily at work";
- half-witted, slow-witted, feebleminded
- Having made less than normal progress
"an economically backward country"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word backward
abckward bcakward bakcward bacwkard backawrd backwrad backwadr
vackward fackward gackward hackward nackward bqckward bwckward bsckward bxckward bzckward baxkward baskward badkward bafkward bavkward bacjward bacuward baciward bacoward baclward bac.ward bac,ward bacmward backqard backaard backsard backdard backeard back3ard back2ard backwqrd backwwrd backwsrd backwxrd backwzrd backwaed backwa4d backwa5d backwatd backwagd backwafd backwadd backwars backwarw backware backwarr backwarf backwarv backwarc backwarx