Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: backing ba-king
- The act of providing approval and support
"his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives";
- backup, championship, patronage
- Something forming a back that is added for strengthening
- Financial resources provided to make some project possible
"the foundation provided backing for the experiment";
- support, financial support, funding, financial backing, sponsorship
- (music) musicians and vocalists who support the main performer
- Pick one person to give support and approval to in a particular role
"I backed Kennedy in 1960";
- endorse, indorse, plump for, plunk for, support
- Travel backward
"back into the driveway"; "The car backed up and hit the tree"
- Give support or one's approval to
"I can't back this plan";
- second, endorse, indorse
- Cause to travel backward
"back the car into the parking spot"
- Support financial backing for
"back this enterprise"
- Be in back of
"My garage backs their yard"
- Place a bet on
"Which horse are you backing?";
- bet on, gage [archaic], stake, game, punt
- Shift to a counterclockwise direction
"the wind backed"
- Establish as valid or genuine
"Can you back up your claims?";
- back up
- Strengthen by providing with a back or backing
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word backing
abcking bcaking bakcing bacikng backnig backign
vacking facking gacking hacking nacking bqcking bwcking bscking bxcking bzcking baxking basking badking bafking bavking bacjing bacuing baciing bacoing bacling bac.ing bac,ing bacming backung back8ng back9ng backong backlng backkng backjng backibg backigg backihg backijg backimg backinf backinr backint backiny backinh backinn backinb backinv