Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Noun: baby bey-bee
- A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk
"the baby began to cry again"; "she held the baby in her arms"; "it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different";
- babe, infant, bub [Austral], bundle of joy
- The youngest member of a group (not necessarily young)
"the baby of the family"; "the baby of the Supreme Court"
- An immature childish person
"stop being a baby!";
- An unborn child; a human foetus
"I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby"; "it was great to feel my baby moving about inside"
- (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- babe, sister, bub [Austral], bundle of joy
- A very young mammal
- A project of personal concern to someone
"this project is his baby"
- Someone who is loved (used as term of endearment)
- beloved, dear, dearest, honey, love, duck [Brit]
- Treat with excessive indulgence
"grandparents often baby the children";
- pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge
- Intended for or relating to babies
- Smaller than normal
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word baby