Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Adjective: active ak-tiv
- (pathology) tending to become more severe or wider in scope
- (military) engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
"on active duty";
- combat-ready, fighting
- Disposed to take action or effectuate change
"a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
- Taking part in an activity
"an active member of the club"; "he was politically active";
- Characterized by energetic activity
"an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
- Exerting influence or producing a change or effect
"an active ingredient"
- Full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
"an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
- In operation
"an active tradition";
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- (grammar) expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor
"Hemingway favours active constructions"
- (grammar) expressing action rather than a state of being
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
- Engaged in full-time work
"active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
- Chemical agent capable of activity
- active agent
- The voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb
"'The boy threw the ball' uses the active voice";
- active voice
- A person who is a participating member of an organization
"the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
Possible typos and wrong spellings of the word active
cative atcive acitve actvie actiev
qctive wctive sctive xctive zctive axtive astive adtive aftive avtive acrive ac5ive ac6ive acyive achive acgive acfive actuve act8ve act9ve actove actlve actkve actjve actice actide actife actige actibe activw activs activd activf activr activ3 activ4